Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Transform Your Temple by Following this Simple Advice

Each year Americans spend over 20 billion dollars trying to lose weight on diet plans, books, weight loss drugs and weight loss surgeries (ABC News). The truth is people are desperate to lose their excess weight and they are eagerly searching for a remedy for their problem.  Extreme diets, special foods, shakes, pills, you name it and they'll try it and pay a lot of money for it!  I was once in this group of people, so desperate to try anything that promised to shed the extra pounds that I carried on my body like a prison sentence.  I became a slave to dieting.  But each diet I tried would always fall short of the big promises it promoted and with each attempt of losing weight, I actually got fatter and even more desperate for a remedy.  It was an endless cycle and it left me exhausted, heartbroken, and with little hope that I would ever be able to free myself from the excess weight I carried!  I've shared many times, that part of what brought my freedom and eventual success at losing 160 pounds was transforming my thoughts about weight loss.  By ditching the world's view of "dieting" and embracing the concept of being on a lifelong health journey, I finally broke the chains of obesity forever and you can too, my friend! Let me share something else, in my many years of searching for answers, I was blinded to the truth that God has already given us everything we need to live healthy lives!  We're out there blindly searching for answers, when the solution is already right in front of us!

God gave us his living word as a tool to guide us through life and the Bible instructs us to treat our bodies as if they were a temple! (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).  You wouldn’t fill a temple with trash or overlook the required maintenance to keep it pristine in appearance and function.   If we are to view our bodies as temples, we should be treating them as such!  We should be filling them with the most nutritious foods God created and doing regular “maintenance” such as exercise to keep them in top condition.  Are you exhausted of looking for answers for your weight problem?  The solution is really that simple my friends, follow God's design and eat the foods he created for you to eat and you will be on your way to becoming the healthy child he created you to be!







No comments:

Post a Comment