Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Spicy Garlic Sriracha Grilled Chicken Meal Prep

Spicy Garlic Sriracha Grilled Chicken




Let's get real here- Chicken can get boring, especially when meal prepping is involved. This is one of my go to recipes for spicing up chicken. I grill a batch each time I meal prep and either portion it out into individual servings or keep it on hand to use on salads or in lettuce wrapped tacos.  This recipe is low in sodium, fat and carbs and high in protein which makes it a perfect choice for those trying to loose weight and/or gain lean muscle mass.


Ingredients:

1/4-1/3 cup Sriracha hot red chili sauce
5-7 cloves of garlic minced 
1/2 packet Mrs. Dash salt free taco seasoning
2-3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, sliced thin.
non-stick olive oil spray
Optional: Chopped cilantro for garnish

Steps:

  1.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or a large plastic bag and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
  2.  Spray grill with non-stick spray and grill chicken about 4 minutes on each side until cooked through or reach an internal temperature of 160 to 165 f.
  3. Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired.







3 comments:

  1. Would you prep both lunch and dinners for the entire week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Question! I'm Going to be writing a post soon on meal prepping. It's really a preference thing and also how much time you have to prepare. For me, I always have some prepped meals on hand in case I don't have time to cook but usually I end up cooking dinner every day and eat my prepped meals for lunches during the week.

      Delete
  2. Made this chicken 2 days ago. It was delish! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete